Choosing an Interior Design Company in Dubai for My Villa

 meeting talking about finishes, tile options, and lighting fixtures before asking a single question about how we actually live in the house.

Two more asked good questions but then came back with proposals that ignored half the answers. One sent me a beautiful layout with an open-plan kitchen that would have meant my husband's sleep schedule and my client calls colliding constantly. I'd mentioned that exact concern in our first conversation.



The one that got it

Euphoria Interiors was consultation number six, and Amanda D'Souza led it herself. She spent almost the entire first meeting asking about our schedules, not our style preferences. Which rooms get used at 6am. Where the kids do homework. Whether we actually use a formal dining room or if it just sits there.

When the proposal came back a week later, it wasn't the most visually dramatic of the eight I'd received. It was the only one that put a quiet home office away from the kids' wing and kept the kitchen close enough to the living area for family time without opening straight onto it. That's a small design decision, but it's exactly the kind of thing that gets missed when a firm is more focused on the finished photos than on how the space gets used day to day.

Why so many firms missed it

I think part of the problem is that a lot of design meetings default to talking about aesthetics because that's the easy, comfortable conversation. Colors, materials, and layouts are fun to discuss. Asking a client detailed questions about their daily routine takes more time and feels less like "design talk," so plenty of firms skip it.

I noticed this pattern again when comparing notes with a friend who went through a similar search with a different Interior Design Firm in Dubai. Her experience was almost identical — plenty of good ideas, very few questions about how she'd actually live in the finished rooms.

Comparing quotes after the fact

Once we'd shortlisted Euphoria, I went back and reread the other seven proposals side by side. It was a useful exercise. A few of them were from firms that clearly market themselves well but hadn't translated that into an actual plan for our house. Others were competent but generic, the kind of layout you could drop into almost any villa in the area without much changing.

What struck me was how differently each Interior Design Firm in Dubai priced the same rough scope. The spread wasn't small either, which made me wonder how many of those quotes were built around our brief versus a standard template they reuse for every villa client.

What changed for us after the brief was understood

Once Euphoria had the right brief, everything downstream moved faster. We weren't going back and forth on layout changes because the first draft was already close to right. The material selection process took about half the time it would have otherwise, mostly because we weren't also relitigating room functions at the same time.

A note on trust

There's something that happens once you feel understood by the person designing your home. I stopped double-checking every decision and started actually trusting the process, which made the whole renovation less stressful than I expected going in. That trust didn't come from a slick pitch deck. It came from that first meeting where Amanda asked more questions than she answered.

What I'd do differently if I started over

I'd cut the list down faster. Eight consultations is a lot, and looking back, I could have told within the first fifteen minutes of most of them whether the firm was actually listening. If a designer starts talking finishes before asking how you live in your space, that's usually a sign of what the rest of the process will look like.

If you're early in your own search for an interior design company in Dubai, I'd say don't judge firms only on portfolio photos. When you're comparing an interior design company in Dubai against seven or eight others, the questions they ask matter more than the images they show you. Ask what questions they lead with. The answer tells you more about how your project will actually go than any mood board will.

Our villa isn't finished yet, but for the first time in this whole process, I'm not anxious about what the next update will bring.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modify Your Dubai Villa with Coastal Interior Design Ideas

Exploring the Top Restaurant Interior Design Trends Shaping Dubai in 2025

Modern Bathroom Interior Design Ideas for Your Home