How I Chose an Interior Designer in Dubai for My Home
I have been living in my apartment for several years, and I never thought about its renovation before. The apartment itself was not perfect, but I could not imagine living elsewhere. However, there were specific issues I wanted to fix in the future, such as the lack of storage, space arrangement, and the need for more comfortable furniture.
The first thing I thought of was to buy new furniture to solve the space arrangement problem in my apartment. However, after spending hours and hours looking through catalogs, I realized that furniture was only one part of the project. I needed professional help to address the space arrangement problem.
I knew little about my requirements
The first mistake I made was identifying the requirements before looking for interior designers in Dubai. I had a large number of pictures I collected from different websites. On the one hand, I saw gray and minimalist apartments, luxury mansions, some colorful houses, etc. On the other hand, I did not have a clear idea about what I wanted to achieve. I only knew that I disliked certain aspects of the current state of my apartment.
After communicating with several interior design companies in Dubai, I realized that it was vital to develop a comprehensive list of requirements for my future apartment. I included furniture arrangement, additional storage, dining room location, and lighting. However, this task was complicated by the fact that I had to consider the location and arrangement of the apartment as well. In general, this step was more difficult than I imagined.
Comparing one to another
Then, I started communicating with different interior design companies in Dubai. I sent them the requirements and expected similar suggestions. However, each company developed a unique project for my apartment. One company focused on the artistic side of the project, another one suggested significant spatial transformations, and the third one proposed to optimize the storage, etc. Thus, it was difficult to determine which concept resonated with me more.
When I discussed the requirements with an interior designer in dubai, I became even more confident about my ideas. However, it was also useful to ask more detailed questions. What exactly will be changed in my apartment? What transformations are critical and what ones can be postponed? What changes can be suggested without altering the architecture of the apartment? What concepts will look good in 5 years?
These questions were useful to narrow down the search for the best interior design company in Dubai. At the same time, I realized that it became much easier to review the offers from different companies.
A consultation that made me change my mind
The consultation with Euphoria Interiors, in particular, was unique in that I did not have to imagine the apartment of my dreams. Euphoria Interiors designers focused on the current state of my apartment. They discussed the aspects that required optimization, such as space arrangement, storage, lighting, and furniture. I liked that they did not try to imagine that my apartment was completely empty and start from scratch.
At the same time, Euphoria Interiors specialists also took into account that I wanted the apartment to look good and for it to become our home for many years. Our discussion also included the possibilities of arranging different rooms so that they complemented each other.
A lesson in comparing companies
By the time I started comparing different offers from interior design companies in dubai, I realized that price was not the only criterion. In one sense, each offer was unique. At the same time, I could use a standard checklist to compare their offers, such as the scope, design approach, communication, timeline, materials, and level of support. As a result, it became much easier to eliminate some of the companies from consideration. For example, some companies provided a much more detailed description of their activities, while others seemed vague in their statements.
For instance, when it came to Euphoria Interiors, I had confidence that my requirements and vision would be at the center of attention. They had extensive experience in delivering high-end residential developments. Thus, when it came to my family apartment, their experience helped them understand our requirements and the project scope.
Why did I choose this company?
In general, my primary criteria for choosing one interior design agency in Dubai over another were related to trust and guidance. When I looked for an interior designer in Dubai at first, I wanted him/her to take my ideas seriously and help me realize them. I knew that complete agreement was not necessary at this stage, but I needed guidance. At the same time, I also realized that a good interior designer was not supposed to push me toward any particular solution. A qualified specialist should be able to understand the client, take them through the process, and suggest some alternatives.
As a result, I could recognize the value of each step and understand that great design does not necessarily mean a collection of expensive objects. It also has much to do with attention to detail and the optimization of space. Thus, the final appearance and functionality of the apartment depend on the design and furniture, such as storage, lighting, room proportions, and furniture arrangement.
Lessons learned
In general, this experience taught me that it is critical to clearly define the requirements before choosing an interior designer in Dubai. In doing so, it is useful to first of all focus on the aspects of the apartment that are not pleasing. What do I want to change in particular? What is most annoying to me in my current apartment? I think this is the only way to create a comprehensive list of requirements. After that, the requirements can be shared with potential designers, and their offers can be compared.
In my opinion, it was this approach that helped me choose Euphoria Interiors. They understood that I did not want to follow the latest trends. On the contrary, I wanted to create a comfortable environment for our family, optimize space, remove clutter, and organize storage. It was much easier to select the interior based on these principles.
FAQs'
Did I have to decide on a particular style before consulting interior designers in dubai?
No, I did not. Interior designers can help to select the one depending on the apartment needs and personal preferences.
What should be my criteria for comparing different proposals from interior design companies?
The criteria should include scope, design approach, materials, time schedule, communication, revision options, and support during the implementation of the project. It is essential to compare offers considering these factors.
Is it possible to work with furniture already owned?
Yes, if its condition is satisfactory. Depending on the characteristics of the future interior, it might be possible to find a place for the furniture already owned.

Comments
Post a Comment