Interior Decoration Companies in Dubai: My Penthouse
Furnishing a penthouse in Palm Jumeirah sounds glamorous until you're the one staring at floor-to-ceiling glass wondering why the glare makes the living room unusable by 3pm. That was my problem for the better part of a year before I finally called in help.
The Shortlist Got Smaller Fast
I met with six studios recommended by friends, agents, and one from an Instagram ad I probably shouldn't have clicked. Two didn't ask about the sun exposure at all, which told me they hadn't looked at the unit's orientation before pitching furniture layouts. A third suggested heavy drapes that would have blocked the view I'd paid a premium for.
By the fourth meeting I'd started asking my own questions instead of waiting for theirs: how do you handle heat and glare in west-facing units, and have you worked on a high floor before. Only one of the interior decoration companies in Dubai on my list had a real answer ready.
A Different Kind of Conversation
At Euphoria Interiors, the first thing discussed wasn't furniture, it was light. They walked through solar film options, layered window treatments that could be adjusted through the day, and where reflective surfaces would actually make the glare worse instead of better. It was the first meeting where someone treated the view as a design problem to solve, not a selling point to repeat back to me.
Amanda D'souza, who founded the studio, had apparently dealt with a near-identical brief on an earlier project, which came up naturally while discussing material choices rather than as a pitch.
Comparing the Real Numbers
Budget-wise, the gap between quotes surprised me. The cheapest interior decoration company Dubai searches turned up came in nearly 40% under the mid-range firms, and when I asked why, the answers were vague. Euphoria's number sat in the middle, with a full breakdown of custom glazing treatment, furniture, and installation labour. I paid more than the lowest bidder and less than the highest, and I understood every line of it.
Six Months Later
The living room is usable at 3pm now. That single change did more for how I use the penthouse than any of the furniture choices did. Working through several interior decoration companies in Dubai felt tedious at the time, but the process is what got me an answer nobody else offered upfront. Weighing enough Dubai Interior Design Companies before committing is honestly the only way to know if a quote is fair.
For anyone comparing an interior decoration company Dubai has recommended to them, don't let furniture dominate the first conversation. Ask about light and heat before anything else, and see who actually has an answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do high-floor apartments need different design considerations than lower units?
Yes, particularly around glare, heat gain, and window treatments. A designer familiar with high-rise units should raise this early, not after furniture is chosen.
Is a mid-priced quote usually a safer bet than the cheapest one?
Not always, but a detailed breakdown matters more than the number itself. Vague pricing on a large project is a bigger risk than paying slightly more for clarity.
How soon should light and heat be discussed in a design consultation?
Ideally in the first meeting, especially for units with large glass façades or a strong afternoon sun exposure.

Comments
Post a Comment